I've been skiing to Stowe, Jay Peak, and Bolton and had some awesome powder days. I also went skiing at Welch when I got back home but that wasn't really comparable to VT. 20 sec runs vs 10 min runs? Also did some more hiking at Stowe a couple times which was really fun.
Finished up a really tough semester of Stats, Anatomy, Physics, and Exercise Psychology. My finals were the hardest finals I've ever taken but I got thru them. I ended up with an A- in Physics, which I still don't even believe was possible.
Started base training in Octobor/November but that kinda stopped when I started skiing. Thought I would pick it up again over Xmas break seeing as I have 3 1/2 weeks, but somehow I still don't seem to have much time with seeing my friends and family and other stuff. Next semester I'm only taking 12 credits so I plan to really start serious training when I get back to VT because I really want to race Bs this year. I do have Tuesdays off and Thursday only one class in the morning so I do hope to still ski a lot.
Spent Christmas at my cabin in Wisconsin. Went snowmobiling and cx skiing.
Went to Barbette with Leslie, which was delicious!
I've been car shopping in hopes of having a car next year at school. So far I like: Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Subaru Forrester, and possibly Mitsubishi Outlander. I won't buy until Spring but I need to keep on eye on the used sales.
Bought a new bike: 2007 Specialized Ruby S-works. Got a pretty good deal on that and can't wait to use it!
Found out the road racing season schedule:
March 1-2 Rutgers
March 8-9 Philly
March 15-16 Columbia/Princeton
March 22-23 Pittsburg
March 29-30 Penn State
April 5-6 Army
April 12-13 Boston Beanpot
April 19-20 UVM
April 26-27 Easterns at Dartmouth
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and has a Happy New Year!

skiing at Bolton Valley

Having fun at Bolton still

lots and lots of snow in VT!
my brother after falling cx skiing at our cabin
1 comment:
Great Pictures! Happy New Year, hope your back is 100%!
Julia
Post a Comment