Sunday, November 18, 2007

Scottie Dog

Sooo X-ray confirmed I did not fracture my back a second time. (I had a L5 bilateral stress fracture 3 1/2 yrs ago due to excessive extension from dance). However, I think it's cool that when looking for a stress fracture on an x-ray, you look for what is called the "Scottie Dog Sign". If you look closely at my x-ray you can see a 'scottie dog' in each vertebrae. I outlined the 'dog' on one of them. When looking for a stress fracture, however, it will look like the dog has a collar, which you can see in my L5. I just think this is kinda cool, cause I'm a nerd like that... ;-)

6 comments:

Mike Lalla said...

Plus you can always show this to potental boyfriends and tell them you have a nice pelvic bone.

GoBigGreen said...

Good nerd, good nerd. You will make a fine PT someday:)Glad you are ok.

GoBigGreen said...

And you have good joint space = disc space so hopefully you wont have any early DJD. See, we nerds have to look at xrays more than once bc they are sooo cool.

Alynn said...

Haha nice Mike... :-)

And yea Julia I was so much of a nerd I waited 20 minutes for them to burn the x-rays onto a CD for me cause I just had to have them ASAP haha...

GoBigGreen said...

atta-girl!

Mike Lalla said...

Good job, we are now back to boring...