Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Army

Finally some nice warmer weather!

Saturday was the Circuit Race. Had a tough hill section so that wore me out. I was in top5/top10 the whole race until the very last lap when people flew past me on the downhill and i couldn't get back on. I finished 8.

Sunday was the uphill ITT and Circuit Race. In the uphill ITT, I passed three girls in front of me so I thought I was doing pretty well so I didn't go as hard toward the end figuring I would save myself for the crit. Well once I got to the top of the hill another girl who must have started 6 people behind me finished 30 seconds after me. I got 8th, but still wish I would have gone harder. I also beat my time last year by 2 minutes and 20 seconds!

The crit had an extended section this year that included a short and really steep hill. I was doing alright, but my legs were tired and i just started to lose the lead group. So then I took a corner really hard trying to catch up. It was the really sketchy corner and yea I just took it too hard and slid out. Landed on my right hip/thigh and elbow. Thigh is pretty badly bruised and still inflamed. Bike ok though. Wow my bike has been through a lot this year already...ha

Pumped for Beanpot this weekend!




Rose is rockin it!





No comments: