Saturday, April 19, 2008

UVM Race Weekend

Got dropped in the A TTT. My legs felt like crap.

In the Road Race I finished 3rd! 29 miles (2 laps). Course was so sketchy. 4 miles of dirt roads on each lap, 2 covered bridges, mud, potholes...recipe for disaster basically! But it was fun. I led a bit in the beginning and middle. But the finish up Mt. Philo was brutal!! I felt like I was going to die. Turning into Mt. Philo I was in first and held that until the steep 20% pitch. Two girls passed me. Once I got to the top I was so exhausted but seeing the view of Mt. Philo after crossing the finish line was pretty sweet!

The crit course was sweet. Extended version of last year. Sweet chicane turns. Stayed in the front pack the whole race until a few laps to go I was almost off the back of the front pack (about 10 riders maybe?). Was able to get back up and sprinted for 5th.

1 comment:

Eric Carter said...

Nice racing this weekend!