
Looking like I am going to die on the only flat section of the short track

Plattekill
UVM won the weekend at Easterns in Plattekill, NY by almost 200 points and then the Overalls throughout the season by 260 points. We won every single race weekend except for one. Way to go!
So my first MTB race was really tough but a lot of fun! The cx course on Saturday was really hard. It was very technical and involved 1500 ft of climbing per lap (2 laps of 5 miles each). I got last out of 9 riders in the B division which I expected. People kept telling me this was the hardest course of the year so I was honeslty just happy I finished. My chain fell off the first lap and I had a bad fall the second lap. I slid about 5 feet down the side of a slope and landed on a stump. It was pretty painful so I had to wait awhile before I could sit back on the bike!
Short Track the next day went a little better. The weather was still freezing. Again the course was very technical. Climb in the beginning, sharp left turn to continue climbing, then real sketchy downhill and turns on wet loose rocks. They ended up combining Womens As and Bs. I sprinted for 3rd and even beat one of two A riders so I was happy about that. It was my first podium finish. I felt like I was going to die though. I had full fingered gloves on but my hands were still so numb I couldn't really move them. In the Overalls throughout the season I was ranked 12 out of 27 after only one race (although it was double points), but if I had done more races I think I could have maybe done well. Maybe next year? We'll see. I don't really enjoy looking like a battered woman. ;-)
Other than that the weekend was tons of fun- 30 people staying in two sketchy motel rooms, van rides, and watching the DS and DH races. Overall it was a great time!
1 comment:
Sweet!
Post a Comment