Monday, August 6, 2007

Campus Crit at U of M 8/5

Cool photos of the race and bridge at skinnyski.com

Awesome course. Another 180 degree turn around. The course was near the 35W bridge so there were a lot of extra spectators that day. In the Women’s 4 division during the first lap there was a crash at the 180 turn. The woman who crashed was right in front of me and so I thought I was completely done, but somehow I managed to manuever around her. I stayed in 2nd and 3rd wheel for quite a few laps. Then I lead for a lap. And then everyone picked up the pace as soon I was done leading it felt like so I got dropped. But then I worked together with a woman from the Gopher Wheelman team. We worked together really well. I got 10th out of 15th which I was happy with. I then decided to do the Women’s Open race that was extended to Cat 4s (Before it was just Cat 1-3). There were 7 of us total and the cash went 7 deep, hence why I chose to do this race. I knew I was not going to do well and would probably get last but if I stayed in it and finished I would get money. And that’s exactly what happened. It was a really tough race but I managed to keep myself going until the end. I really appreciated all the cheers and motivation from friends every lap and even people I didn't know were cheering me on to keep going. Anyway it was really tough, but hey I got $10 out of it! My first race that I get lapped and I get $10! Sweet deal...
Here are the results for the Cat 4 race. Notice the ages...I didn't realize I was so young compared to everyone else.

Women 4
Result Bib LastName FirstName Category Club Age
1 17 Schult Amber 4 Unattached 36
2 4 Krueger Laura 4 Birchwood/GIS 25
3 14 Kiese Dara 4 Century RCA 37
4 7 Swiggum Carrie 4 Grumpys/LGR 24
5 19 Dahlman Heidi 4 Unattached 24
6 13 Kline Amy 4 St Paul Bicycle Racing Club 43
7 18 Ahel Sharon 4 Unattached 26
8 8 Wittwer Jessica 4 Birchwood/GIS 29
9 2 Coogan Corey 4 Unattached 30
10 3 Kakuk Allynn 4 Unattached 19
11 5 Sayers June 4 Unattached 28
12 1 Boiarsky Lynne 4 Unattached 41
13 11 Zhao Kym 4 Unattached 25
14 16 Estlow Caitlin 4 Unattached 23
Dnf 15 Campbell Amy 4 Grumpys/LGR 29

No comments: